On day one we discussed how important it is to have a Mission Statement and Goals and Objectives. Another critical part of organizing a Paranormal Investigation team is you must have Rules and Regulations and common sense Do’s and Don’ts. Your Rules and Regulations need to reflect how the conduct of your team is and conduct in front of the public and clients. Here are a few to think about:
- Never trespass on private property. We only investigate when we have proper permission.
- No drugs or alcohol will be consumed before or during an investigation.
- Always investigate in teams of two, never alone. *situation dictates, Lead Investigator’s decision.
- Respect the place we are investigating, we are their guests.
- If startled or threatened, calmly walk out to safety. Let others know.
- Safety is priority. If you find an unsafe area, let everyone know.
- We will not litter, vandalize, willfully damage, unlawfully take or disrespect other’s property.
- Tobacco products will only be used in designated areas.
- Always carry a valid driver’s license or military I.D.
- Make no assumptions or opinions to the clients until all evidence is reviewed.
- We will leave the place investigated as we found it (all trash will be picked up).
- Guest Investigators (or other team’s investigators), friends and family are welcome, but will not be allowed to an investigation without approval.
- Team members can step down whenever they want without adverse action.
- _ _PI team members will not use social media outlets to talk negative about other paranormal groups or investigators.
- _ _PI team members will follow the Paranormal Investigators Confidentiality Agreement and will not release any information without approval from the _ _PI team.
- Safety is priority at _ _PI. _ _PI and its founders assumes no liability if an injury occurs during an investigation.
- All evidence will be reviewed in a timely manner. Remember, our clients are trusting us.
- Clients names, addresses, personal information and evidence gathered during an investigation will only be released with the approval of _ _PI. Pictures and videos can be posted with client’s approval AS LONG AS no information about names and locations are included in them.
- _ _PI will not use religion or the occult on investigations. We will use a scientific approach and will be unbiased towards any religion or beliefs. If a client requests religion or the occult be used, _ _PI will look at this approach on a case by case basis.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Keep an open mind
- Respect the property and client
- Present the paranormal field in a positive way
- Remember, the public is watching you.
- “dating” or “mutual contact” between team members during an investigation
Look at it like this, if you go to a Doctor’s office and the Doctor is making out with the nurse as you walk in…how does that look?
- Damaging client’s property
- “Befriending” client before or during investigation
- There should not be any “smoking and joking” with the client before or during an investigation. Keep a professional and courteous demeanor.
- Trespass or enter a client’s property without verbal and written authorization
Most of the Rules and Regulations and Do’s and Don’ts might seem obvious, but remember this is how your team needs to conduct themselves. The Rules and Regulations and Do’s and Don’ts need to reflect the type of Paranormal Investigation team you are covered in your Mission Statement and Goals and Objectives.
On Day 3 we will discuss the next step…Team Member duties and responsibilities.