In the first two days of this week’s topic, we discussed the importance of a Mission Statement, Goals and objectives and Rules, Regulations. The next step is to organize Team Member duties and fill these spots with team members best suited. This gives everyone on the team a job and also is a great way of learning the different and very important aspects of running a successful organization.
- Responsible for all aspects of the teams functions
- Makes all final decisions – tech issues, case manager and research questions
- Reporting to the Lead Investigator are the Case Manager, Equipment Tech Manager, Research Specialist and Investigators
- Research of locations known to have paranormal activity
- Obtaining contact information for said locations
- Contacting locations and person of interest to obtain more detailed information
- Written documentation of information
Basically, a Case Manager will be the front person in obtaining investigations. They look for sites to investigate, make contact via email or mail and follow up for interview, if possible. If interview or acceptance to investigate is obtained, they will bring information to the Founders and a decision will be made as to whether an investigation will happen and when.
Equipment Tech Manager:
- Ensures that the equipment used in any investigation is up to par in what the equipment is used for.
- Continuously looks for ways in which paranormal activity can scientifically be recorded or proven by experimenting with new or classic equipment either in its normal use or in a more creative way.
- Responsible for equipment set up and making sure that the equipment is being used properly by other members which will require training if necessary.
- Responsible for following up on leads given by any given member, specifically the Case Managers.
- Needs to have a good sense of Web surfing and Library Usage if necessary.
- Information researched will need to be as detailed as possible and notation should be taken of all information obtained.
- Information found will be passed on to the Case Managers and Founders only until a decision is made to investigate or not. If an investigation is to be performed, the details will be given to all members.
- Trained in all aspects of an investigation as needed.
- Trained in equipment usage, notation, the paranormal in theory, and investigating procedures.
- Will help the Case Manager, Tech Manager and Researcher when necessary.
It is important to have the team member fully understand their position on the team as to avoid confusion. Also, these positions are only for reference, you can fit, mold and name each position as you see fit.