1. Let them (ghosts & spirits) know they are not forgotten Let your journey in this field of study be a labor of love. Remember to be respectful of ghosts & sprits, as they were once people, and still are for that matter.
2. Never tease, threaten or dare an unseen entity First of all, we want to be taken seriously. Secondly, we are ghost hunters, not bullies. Lastly, we sure don’t want any vindictive entities following us home or worse yet, attacking and hurting us.
3. Conduct yourself as a professional at all times We always want to present ourselves as one in control. And that of course means around other investigators, victims of a haunting, and even to the ghosts themselves. Self-confidence and control will radiate like a beacon of light and thus serve as a shield of protection.
4. Never seek out entities on your own A team of two works well and three is the ideal number. Larger groups will need to break up into smaller groups.
5. Addicting habits can be contradictory to your ghostly pursuits Examples would be heavy addictions to drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, an abnormal sex drive, etc. These things in excess make you vulnerable and susceptible to attack. The attack stems from the entities attraction to your addictions and also because of your weakness. Mind altering substances are particularly enticing to them.
6. Pay attention to your dreams Entities will use this relaxed state of mind & body to try and influence or torment it’s targeted victim. Use whatever wording is necessary (according to your own spiritual beliefs) to command such an intrusion to cease. Command it in the holy name of your God or higher power.
7. Use religious relics & symbols as a protection But only use these if you believe in what they can do. It’s not the item itself that has the power, it’s what it symbolizes according to your faith. That’s what actually gives it its power.
8. Listen to your instincts and your intuition Draw from the power within. You will find this to be your greatest resource.
9. Never leave a team member behind, not ever Commit yourself to the task at hand until it’s done. A combined effort makes the team a whole intricate working structure.
10. Always consider all aspects of a haunting Go into an investigation with a kind heart and gracious attitude. But know that most hauntings can be explained. i.e. house settling, furnace noises etc. And as sad as it is, you must also consider the mental & emotional state of the victim as well. Paranoia, delusional aspects and mental illness in general may be a consideration. As a final note; it should also be stated however, that in some cases, an unstable person can actually be open to these types of visitors and or attacks.
11. Always remember, you are the one in control You have the body and thus you have the power. It’s really simple, you are in your element. This is your dimension and your reality. Unseen entities are intruders into your space. That is, unless they are invited in or find a way in through your weaknesses. Be strong by curving appetites and living a productive & wholesome life.
12. Be familiar with all aspects of the supernatural Know well the entities you pursue. Understand them and the things of their world. Knowledge is power. The more you know, the more confident you become. Be careful though, not all knowledge is good. Acquire it with a scientific standpoint.
13. Your best protection is in the life you lead If you are active in ghostly pursuits then evil will cross your path, so be armed. If you are religious, then live your religion. But whether you are or not, you best protection is to live so as to put others first. Good deeds and a love for all life is your greatest protection.
14. Don’t be afraid to experiment Not everything you try will work. If one attempt or theory fails, keep trying. Simply move on to the next thing on your list. And by all means, have a list.
15. Do your homework Consider all aspects of an investigation before you go. A preliminary walk through ahead of time is advised. Doing a history check is helpful as well. Anything you can find out ahead of time will be to your advantage.
16. Never be without outside contact Make sure others outside your team are aware of where you are when on an assignment or investigation. A cell phone is a must.
17. Demonic Possession It’s extremely rare that you will ever hear of a full-fledged demonic possession. But it is something that all ghost hunters need to be aware of and briefed on. Full-possession requires an “invitation” in order to gain a foothold. However, there are activities that can be construed as an invitation. i.e. Ouija boards, séances, etc. A person with heavy addictions, sins, depression or someone who is desperately lonely are more apt to be targets. When any type of invitation is construed, whether implied or direct, it may very well be acted upon by such evil entities. Even with all that, it’s still rare that evil will triumph successfully, but it is possible in some cases. Ghost hunters are somewhat susceptible because of the nature of their work.
18. Lower Level Entities There are other less severe life forms that we need to be aware of as well. They are evil and are here to weaken the population through their influence. Their ultimate goal is to distract us from our life duties and make us as unproductive as possible. These creatures are subtle but very much determined. People that allow themselves to be heavily influenced in this direction are also more prone to demonic possession. This type of entity uses distraction through such things as computers, video games, unwholesome activities, etc. If you miss out on important family outings or you lose your job because you want to stay home and play video games, etc, then they have gained some control. It’s called, lower level possession. Ghost hunters need to avoid this trap at all cost. Refer to codes 5, 6, 11 & 13. And for a good resource, buy a book on Psychic Self-Defense.
19. Be scientifically minded Strive to prove the existence of ghosts and the afterlife. We as Ghost Hunters cannot simply rely on the word of someone with a particular gift. We need to know for ourselves and we need to document it in our studies.
20. Rely on your senses Be ever mindful of your own awareness. We are all born with the gift of inspiration. We also have a bell (so to speak) that sounds off when we are in danger. It’s a gift that needs to be focused on. Constantly pay attention to this special ability that we all have. Especially when on an investigation. As you become more aware and in tune, you will be able to better sense ghosts & other types of entities.
21. Evidence is everything All we really have to show for our hard word is the evidence we collect. So take notes, write up reports, snap pictures, collect EVPs. Keep a log.
22. Be aware that theories change What is believed to be true today may not be tomorrow. If there’s anything we can depend on, it’s change. What we may know about ghosts today may change tomorrow. We need to embrace credible evidence and use that knowledge to our advantage. So be willing to let go of old theories when need be. If we don’t, we will be left behind.
23. Expect Results Go into every assignment with an attitude of well defined purpose. Go knowing you have your preliminary research accomplished beforehand and then have a plan to make it all come together. A good investigator is organized and thorough. The right attitude yields results!
24. It’s okay to be afraid That is, as long as it doesn’t seriously effect the investigation or make you especially vulnerable. Excessive fear will make you ineffective as a contributing team member and will make you a target for entities. Excessive fear or anger feeds and empowers curtain types of entities. Enjoy the thrill of the chase and scream if you must. But everything in moderation.
25. LIVE THE CODE ! It will protect you on your journey and guide you on your quest. Ghost hunting will be one of the most exciting experiences of your life… enjoy!