The Sagamore Hotel

9110 Sagamore Road
Bolton Landing, NY 12814
Hotel Direct: 518.644.9400
Reservations (Toll-Free): 866.384.1944
Group Sales: 855.700.OPAL
The Sagamore Hotel, just north of Lake George in the Adirondacks) was originally opened in 1883 . Its land covers almost all of Green Island. The main building was destroyed by two fires in 1893 and 1914 and reconstructed in 1930 and closed in 1981. Empty for two years, it re-opened in 1983, 100 years after its original construction. The building is now listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
According to The Free George, many visitors since the 1950s have given corresponding accounts of strange occurrences. Some say they’ve seen the ghost of a middle-aged woman wearing a blue polka-dot dress moving through the hallways and the Trillium, the hotel’s fine dining restaurant. Sometimes the woman is accompanied by a man and walks down the stairs into the reception area. Others hear children giggling in the hallways or on the golf course. An undocumented legend says that a little boy was hit by a car while running after a golf ball and died, staying to haunt the golf course forever. There are even reports of one room being closed off to visitors because of strange noises during the night. One previous employee claimed that the hotel is built on a Native American cemetery, which is the source of the strange feelings and ghosts sightings reported by many of the guests and employees. A prep cook quit after a tall woman in white spoke to him and then walked through him and disappeared.
thesagamore.com
thefreegeorge.com/thefreegeorge/haunted-hotels-adirondacks/